[OSM-talk] OpenPlantMap

Chris Hill chillly809 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 16 12:05:08 BST 2008

elvin ibbotson wrote:
> Anyone involved with the National Trust? Apparently they are mapping
> every plant in their gardens all over Britain. Do they know they just
> need OSM and a few new tags (plant=nettle for example).
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7395915.stm
> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7395915.stm>
I saw this too.  They (we - I'm a life member) want to describe and
record every plant, even weeds, in some of their gardens.  Positioning
every plant in a garden is extreme micro mapping, far beyond the
resolution of a consumer GPS.  I will contact them to see if they want
to put every NT property on the map though.  From that they could have a
list of plants at that property connected to a label layer on a slippy
map.

Cheers, Chris