[OSM-talk] Notability (was openstreetmap)

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Fri May 16 12:46:56 BST 2008

> I agree. I think we need to adopt a Wikipedia concept of 'notability'. For
> example... A wood is notable, a large established solitary tree in a park
> might be notable, but a nettle is not. Is a rare plant notable? I would

If someone made the effort to physically survey it and properly tag
it, I think it's OK.

There are already so many GBs in the planet that does not correspond
to objects physically located at the indicated location. Objects
tagged with 'tiger:...=...', 'attribution=...', or
'junction=junction'. Nodes tagged as coasline. A few more bulk uploads
will not make a big difference.