[OSM-talk] GPSBabel 1.3.5

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Sat May 17 19:03:52 BST 2008

Tom Hughes wrote:
> In message <yeky76eefbc.fsf at dellow.uk.cyberscience.com>
>         Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
>
>> The name for the new driver is "navilink", so to recover waypoints
>> over the USB cable on linux you would do something like:
>>
>>   gpsbabel -w -f navilink -i /dev/ttyUSB0 -F gpx -o waypoints.gpx
>
> or even:
>
>    gpsbabel -w -i navilink -f /dev/ttyUSB0 -o gpx -F waypoints.gpx
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

I recently got a BGT-31. Today I went out and carried it with me. I've
been saving 1 point per second. According to the data logger screen I
have about 13,000 points. I've also got the track screen logging at
1/sec. However the BGT-31 Track only stores up to 8,192 points. When I
use the -t option to gpsbabel, I only down this Track data. Is there
some way to get at all 13,000 of my points? I don't have any waypoints.
These are all saved on the internal memory (which can hold 20,000
points), I don't have a memory card yet.

Rory