[OSM-talk] Missing Openaerial map from Potlatch

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri May 23 07:29:02 BST 2008

SteveC <steve <at> asklater.com> writes:

> I discovered that people are just rectifying using google aerial and
> stuff, which breaks our paranoid/cautious stance on accepting
> copyright derived work.

I speak now only about the i-cubed Landsat layer because OpenAerialMap does not
have anything better from Finland. Perhaps there is some fundamental difference
in copyrights when making drawings on top of the same i-cubed imagery that is
delivered either through Yahoo or OpenAerialMap, but for sure there is a big
practical difference: OpenAerialMap was giving more zooming levels.  I am
missing those.

-Jukka Rahkonen-