[OSM-talk] Converting Polish/.MP to OSM?

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:49:35 BST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 1:29 AM, indomapper <aloysius.prayitno at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What a coincidence. Early this week I worked on a python script that
> converts
> some mp files to osm. It's simple, but works, and (I think) can be easily
> extended to support more tags (just add more ifs before processing Data0).
> It also reuses a node if it already exists.
>
> I know you already have a working one, but I hope it's still useful rather
> than just staying in my harddisk.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p17420678/mp2osm_indomapper_20080523.zip
> mp2osm_indomapper_20080523.zip

I didn't reply to the list (I sent it only to Simon), but I committed my
updates into SVN. It now preserves the routing graph and interprets the
RouteParam and Type into OSM tags. It's here:
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/utils/import/mp2osm/mp2osm_catmp.py

I don't really have time to work on this anymore, but maybe someone could
take the best of both scripts and have one really good version. If nothing
else, your version should be committed into SVN so it's available in a
central location for future use.

Karl