[OSM-talk] Unknown road classifications

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Fri May 23 15:08:05 BST 2008

Andy Street wrote:
> Tagging nodes as complete=no seems a little strange to me unless it
> refers to a POI. After all it's the way that is incomplete not the node.
> How would you interpret a node tagged as complete=no that is shared
> between multiple ways?
>
> Personally, I've been mapping with complete=no on the way and adding
> extra details using the note tag where appropriate.

My theory is that there should be some way to say "the way isn't
finished and continues down this direction from this point". In theory
this is like the towards tag, but I don't like the idea of having to put
in where the way continues on towards.

What if the road doesn't continue on towards anywhere in particular?
What should one use for the towards tag? This is why I use complete=no.

Rory