[OSM-talk] online routing service with osm data

Stefan Zeller stefan.zeller at docksnet.de
Fri May 30 08:07:35 BST 2008

Wow, its really easy to handle, even if I couldn't get some information in the "Get information"-mode -- at least in the center of Berlin.

But a problem turned out with calculating the route for pedestrians. The routing mechanism doesn't route along some roads. In
http://data.giub.uni-bonn.de/openrouteservice/?zoom=15&lat=6889335.08669&lon=1486725.17222&layers=0B0TTTT
is the problem the red main road (Hauptstraße). The pedestrian way goes all way through Bülowstraße in the north, while the shortest route goes through all other roads.

Obviously, not all 'highways' allow pedestrian to walk on. Or how is it thought? It's quite interesting, because I never tagged a road as allowed for pedestrians...

Greetings,
Stefan