[OSM-talk] (1) news on mapping campaign in Milano and (2) check for procedure to generate complex statistics on portion of OSM planet

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Fri May 30 19:14:27 BST 2008

On Friday 30 May 2008 17:15:36 Andrea Giacomelli (pibinko) wrote:

> UPDATE ON MAPPING CAMPAIGN IN MILANO
> ====================================
>
> Some of you may be aware that in mid-March, following the inspiration by
> our Edoardo "Mad Mapper" Marascalchi, we have set up a three-month mapping
> campaign in Milano, Italy, to push on the completion of the open street map
> in this relatively small (population approx 1.2 million) but important town
> in Italy.
>
> This campaign has been designed as a joint operation between GFOSS.it (the
> Italian OSGEO Chapter), some of the Italian "free mappers", and a local
> radio station.

This is very interesting.  I am currently planning a mapping weekend in my
home town in august.  I thought of trying to get a local newspaper to report
before, during and after the event, but perhaps a radio station is even more
interesting.

How did you manage to sell the idea to the radio station?  What where your
arguments?  Who did you talk to?  Did they use the event in other ways like
competitions for the public?  Any detail is interesting.

	-Inge