[OSM-talk] Mapnik rendering of paths + place=locality in general

Igor Brejc igor.brejc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:13:51 GMT 2008

Hello,

This question has come up several times (from what I could Google out),
but let me ask it again: when can we expect Mapnik OSM layer to render
highway=path? Nevermind the "path or footway" debate - it would be nice
to have paths rendered (they can be rendered the same as footways, as
far as I'm concerned). Anyway, I checked Tagwatch for Germany and it has
some 17,000 paths, so it's not totally unused.

Second issue: I've just added an area tagged with place=locality, but
Osmarender doesn't seem to render it (I don't know about Mapnik). This
would be a nice feature to have (especially for cycling map).

Igor

--
http://igorbrejc.net