[OSM-talk] data plucked from who-knows-where?

Simon Wood simon at mungewell.org
Mon Nov 3 19:09:50 GMT 2008

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:15:26 +0000
80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a lot more people without GPS units than there are with, and if
> they can get pleasure from recording street names like this, then the GPS
> mappers job is made much easier.

Isn't this exactly the sort of thing that the 'FIXME' tag can be used for?

Personally I have sketched out little features I have been unable to GPS at the time, and labelled them 'FIXME=rough location' or something similar. Since I am alone in the area I am mapping it's probably going to be me re-mapping at some point, but if others were to pass by and enhance the map in the meantime I would be delighted.

Cheers,
Mungewell.