[OSM-talk] talk Digest, Vol 51, Issue 7

David Ebling dave_ebling at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 22:39:23 GMT 2008

Ok, I've spent half of this evening trying to bring some semblance of reality to Cheadle, well, at least the bit to the west of the A522. I used NPE as the main source of info. There's still an *awfu*l lot to be done in this area, and even the bits I've done are merely a lot less inaccurate than they were! They are by no means accurate, just in the right ball park.

Anyone else fancy having a shot at some of the other areas? Lots of the country lanes are so far out that it takes referring to village names to even begin working out what's what.

While the info contained there is very useful, converting it into accurate maps is an awful lot of hard work.

Does anyone fancy emailing the user and introducing them to NPE on Potlatch, GPS tracks on Potlatch, and other sources they ought to be using to improve their freestyle mapping? While they're at it, they can give a tutorial on how to join ways up properly and how to avoid roads that are a big messy tangle in a line!

Dave