[OSM-talk] highway=track and motorcar=yes/no

Rainer Dorsch rdorsch at web.de
Fri Nov 7 20:16:58 GMT 2008

Hi Nic,

Am Freitag, 7. November 2008 schrieb Nic Roets:
> > "only"... does that mean you're going to revisit all 300000 tracks in
> > Germany to check whether they allow cars or not? The project of
>
> No. A German track without a motorcar key will get motorcar=no added,
> assuming the original survey was correct. If the bot identifies itself
> properly, mappers will know that no new information was introduced.

I like this solution. I just reviewed the restriction tags at

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Map_Features#Restrictions

and I am wondering what are the global defaults for motorcycle and psv on a
track. I suggest for both no as default for Germany.

Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
Lärchenstr. 6
email: rdorsch at web.de
jabber: rdorsch at jabber.org
GPG Fingerprint: 5966 C54C 2B3C 42CC 1F4F  8F59 E3A8 C538 7519 141E
Full GPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu/