[OSM-talk] Recommendations for a new GPS Device?

Johann H. Addicks addicks at gmx.net
Wed Nov 12 17:38:34 GMT 2008

> Someone is bound to say "eTrex Legend HCx" so let me be the first.

Don't do that.
I own one and can definitly say: The receiver is VERY crappy
in terms of accuracy. As i use this device (Vista HCx) for
geocaching, i was rather unsatisfied with the recorded
tracks when i started comparing to the bigger "GPSmap60 CSx"
of my mates.
so i am running now in parallel for the osm-recording a
SIRF3 logger (Royaltek RGM3800) which records decent tracks.

So i can present you lot's of tracks to compare the quality.

But off course, if you do not like to carry 2 devices, get a
60CSx and you will be happy.

-jha-