[OSM-talk] Wanted: Osm2pgsql.exe developer

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Nov 14 19:08:03 GMT 2008

Lähettäjä: Thomas Wood [mailto:grand.edgemaster at gmail.com]

2008/11/14 Rahkonen Jukka <Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>:
>> This version imports Finland.osm dataset OK.  There are slight differencies in the number of features imported by this and Artem's version:
>>
>> Old
>> points: 24578
>> lines: 97223
>> polygons: 48305
>>
>> New
>> points: 23680
>> lines: 96889
>> polygons: 50316
>>
>> I will do cross check later by selecting features imported by the old but not with the new and vice versa.
>>
>> -Jukka-

> I'd guess that its just a change in the osm2pgsql style definition,
> which determines which features are interesting, and whether those
> features should be treated as polygons or as linestrings.

I'd say that the new one has problems at least with multipolygon relations. For example a multipolygon, relation with OSM_ID 4230, is imported as separate polygons, outer ring having OSM_ID 12298022.  That's probably why the number of polygons is bigger, there are lots of lakes with holes in the data. I have not yet isolated any line or point differencies, I am just learning how to query them visible from PostGIS. I am sorry I can't give lat/lon coordinates now, I have reprojected the data into Finnish KKJ system in the database.  I will reproject it to epsg:4326 before next investigations.

-Jukka Rahkonen-