[OSM-talk] Make Messaging public, or other changes?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Nov 24 08:38:36 GMT 2008

Simon Ward wrote:

> There could always be a gentle reminder when reading messages that:
>
>   * There’s a wiki;
>   * there are several mailing lists
>
> (with links, of course) where you can check and discuss things.  You may
> also want to have “report offensive message” (though that seems a bit
> negative).

I can tell you right now that a gentle reminder will have very little
effect.

I know this because the absolutely vast, exceedingly non gentle, four
language reminder about using the web site to reply rather than email is
ignored by large numbers of people every day. Most amusing are the ones
who carefully strip the notice off when replying without actually
managing to take any notice of it.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)