[OSM-talk] Validator tags

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Mon Nov 24 18:32:07 GMT 2008

Patrick Kilian <osm at petschge.de> writes:

> noname and validate are not really the same thing. "noname" say that
> something does not have a name. The validate namespace is a lot more
> universal in its goal. It aims to create a namespace for the selective
> disabling of all possible valiation tests.

The fact that something does not have a name should be sufficient to
indicate that there is no name.  I don't think there should be an
extra tag for that.

The validate tags should be sufficient to tell validators that they
are not complain about it.

Are there other applications that care whether something really does
not have a name or whether the name is just not know?

Matthias