[OSM-talk] Make Messaging public, or other changes?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Nov 24 22:18:29 GMT 2008

Hi,

Simon Ward wrote:
>> Um it sounds like we need a system to report abuse rather than just
>> making it public?
>
> I'm with that, and mentioned it already.  Who should get sent abuse
> reports?

We could create a mailing list where these are simply dumped, and anyone
who cares to work on these cases can register (and discuss) there. It
will be an excellent opportunity to learn swear words in all languages
if one is so inclined.

But I doubt the usefulness of this feature. If you're a greenhorn and
someone shouts at you, you'll most likely just think "this project is
shit, I'll move on" rather than "oh, this experienced user has just
shouted abuse, I think I'll report him".

And if you are an experienced user yourself, then someone shouting abuse
at you will probably make you discuss this on the mailing list, IRC, or
at the next local OSM meeting, and you don't need the "report abuse"
button either.

Bye
Frederik