[OSM-talk] Edit war on the wiki "map features"

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Nov 25 22:50:26 GMT 2008

Hi,

Pieren wrote:
> The feature "smoothness" has been enabled and disabled 12 times in the
> past 7 days from the wiki Map Features page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Map_Features:smoothness

I have tried to understand what this is about but failed. Obviously some
guy named "ChrisCF" thinks he owns the place and writes things like "I
will not allow this and that" - an attitude that will surely influence
my own behaviour should I encounter him on the Wiki. His criticism seems
to be that there's a lack of values - and it its current form the page
really doesn't have any which is strange. On the other hand, there's no
rule that every tag must have a discrete list of values so I wonder
what's the big deal.

As for every tag going to Map Features, maybe it really is time we split
- put everything that is widely used on Map Features, and make another
page with "Other Features" where we have all those that have been
proposed and accepted or rejected in a vote but aren't yet widely used.

Bye
Frederik