[OSM-talk] OpenStreetBugs - open or not?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Nov 25 23:10:54 GMT 2008

Hi,

Matthias Julius wrote:
> For that to be really useful it should be even more prominent.  There
> could be a link on www.openstreetmap.org (not necessarily on the map)
> that says: "Something wrong on the map? Report it here!"  that links
> to the same location, zoom and layer on OSB.
>
> Or even an OSB layer on the main map?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that

* The OpenStreetBugs source code is not published. Your only way to
improve OpenStreetBugs in any way is to politely ask the author to do
something for you. No SVN or something.

* The data collected by OpenStreetBugs is available exclusively through
the OpenStreetBugs service. No regular "planet dumps", nothing.

If the author gets run over by a bus tomorrow then we have nothing left.

If the above is true then I'm all for implementing our own, open version
of OpenStreetBugs, instead of further popularizing the existing application.

Bye
Frederik