[OSM-talk] Proposal for a map-bug tracker (Openstreetbugs)

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Thu Nov 27 15:25:39 GMT 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 04:21:34PM +0100, Steven Le Roux wrote:
> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Proposal for a map-bug tracker (Openstreetbugs)
>
> maybe we could provide two version of OSB... ?
>
> Xav keep www.openstreebugs.org for his simplicity and non-mapper contributors.
> and another version like : advance.openstreebugs.org, which provide an
> advanced mapbugtracker...
>
> the principal page could invite for users to visite the advanced app
> for better tracking... and improve their tracking skills...

I'd vote for making the OSB as simple as possible - as soon as you
require a login or filling in some drop downs we'll loose Aunt Tilly
with her good local knowledge.

I am trying to get Random Inet User Joe to review the maps and use OSB
to give feedback - this barrier needs to be as low as possible. And i'd
rather close some bogus bug report saying "Wrong!" instead of loosing
90% of our reviewer base ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little