[OSM-talk] Google Maps - OSM comparison

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Fri Nov 28 12:55:22 GMT 2008

Hi,

> I made a comparison Google Maps - OSM for all capitals.
> http://lamp2.fhstp.ac.at/~lbz/beispiele/ws2008/capitals/index.php

I am amazed. That's a great thing for getting a feeling for the worldwide
progress of OSM ...

> Some cities like Havanna have wrong coordinates. No idea why the
> namefinder thinks that Havanna in the USA is more important, than
> Havanna in Cuba.

In case, you plan to update incorrect coordinates, I noticed the following
misplacements:
1) Monaco -> Munich
2) N'Djamena -> Toulouse
3) San Jose (Costa Rica) - misplaced
4) Sarajevo -> slighly misplaced (the real location is a little bit to the east)
5) Victoria (Seychelles) -> Masvingo (Zimbabwe)
6) Washington is missing (the item is there, but the coordinates are missing)

thanks a lot for your excellent work!

Lars