[OSM-talk] Proposal for a map-bug tracker (Openstreetbugs)

Patrick Kilian osm at petschge.de
Fri Nov 28 13:10:28 GMT 2008

Hi,

> It would be nice if we could decide on one solution instead of
> implementing two competing ones. So, it would be good to have a look at
> the advantages and disadvantages of a bugzilla and a rails-port
> solution and decide then which one fits best. Perhaps which should also
> ask the software developers how they feel about moving from trac to
> bugzilla. This seemed to be one of your main points for using bugzilla.
I'm not a big developer, but I do try to improve the OSM software stack
(mostly t at h client and maplint) and I get to own all the osmarender bugs
in trac. From that perspective I have to say that I really dislike
bugzilla and that I was really glad when I found out that OSM uses trac
for its bugtracking. Unless we find a REALLY compelling reason to switch
I'd stay with trac.

I'd rather have a seperated bugzilla for tracking bugs in the data and a
trac for tracking bugs in the software. At that point I should probably
add that it would be a good thing if we could migrate all the user
databases to one single location and do authentication against that.

Patrick "Petschge" Kilian