[OSM-talk] Directional tagging

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 09:53:40 GMT 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 02:16:07PM +0100, Martin Norbäck wrote:
> b) 2+1 ways as we call them in Sweden, they are normal ways but have a
> small fence in the middle and 2 lanes on one side and 1 lane on the
> other side. They look like this:
> http://www.vv.se/filer/Vägprojekt/3-Falt.jpg

Having the fence would suggest you cannot physically traverse from one
side to the other (without destroying or jumping over the fence or any
other method you care to think of), which would lead me to representing
it as two separate ways.  A relation can be used for information about
the “collective” way.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall