[OSM-talk] Map Features, maxspeed and maplint

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:53:54 BST 2008

2008/10/10 Chris Hill <chillly809 at yahoo.co.uk>:

> Conversions to 0dp is inaccurate, accurate conversions are a mess,
> namespacing allows for conflicting values so only an optional suffix really
> makes sense, so this why I use.

Well, maxspeed:mph would also work for your purposes. The only
difference is that you have chosen to silently ignore the behaviour
documented in Map Features. I'm not convinced by your point about
conflicts - in a world where a single field can have, essentially,
different data types in it, I think we've already sacrificed any
pretence of orderliness.

Dermot