[OSM-talk] Map Features, maxspeed and maplint

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Oct 10 18:10:23 BST 2008

Hi,

> In my opinion the voting process is broken, as it can potentially vote
> in proposals that will break backwards compatibility and require
> extensively more complex processing of the data.

Maybe we should make sure that the voting pages carry a disclaimer
saying: "You are voting for a recommendation, not a binding resolution.
Nobody is obliged to follow your decision - neither mappers, nor
programmers of editors or renderers. If you vote on something that
requires further work to be useful, only vote yes if YOU are prepared to
do that work."

Or just dump voting altogether, it's useless anyway.

Bye
Frederik