[OSM-talk] More vandalism

Brian Quinion openstreetmap at brian.quinion.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 01:36:00 BST 2008

Hi Frederik,

> I am approached every now and then by people who would like something
> reverted. It is quite a dilemma for me, in most cases I don't even know
> the place or the people involved - so who am I to decide who is right
> and who is wrong?

I'd have said that making the request to have someone edits reverted
on a public list and not having anyone disagree was a good sign.  That
said keeping a log of what you revert (so it can be un-reverted - is
that possible?) would seem sensible, as would sending the relevant
user a short message.

If you are willing to do it then really all your doing is providing a
manual version or the standard wiki 'undo'.  To me it would seem like
a good first step for testing out how an undo it works in practice on
this project.  Presumably this sort of functionality will be available
to everyone once 0.6 is released - that was as I understood it part of
the point of the 0.6 changes!

--
 Brian