[OSM-talk] POI by coordinates

Ryszard Mikke Ryszard at Korwin-Mikke.pl
Thu Oct 16 13:53:38 BST 2008

2008/10/16 Lennard <ldp at xs4all.nl>:

> [snip]
>> ...but bear in mind that importing data which has been derived from
>> Google Maps is not allowed anyway!
>
> Even when someone has been there, verified the POI, and used Google Maps
> only as a fancy kind of notepad, in lieu of jotting down the coordinates
> on a piece of paper ?
>
> Of course, I understand, if he has placed the POI in Google Maps by
> checking their map and positioning the node from memory, this would not
> be usable for OSM.

Ummm... Why is that so? Does that mean that I can't use WikiMapia
for it as well? Cause that is what I've actually done...

Of course I can wait till summer or get coordinates from paper map...

rmikke
--

-- ==> Gardzi miodem - szalony!                         <== --
-- ==>                                  -- Kubus Puchatek  <== --
R.Mikke at pl.vwfsag.de        Ryszard.Mikke at gmail.com