[OSM-talk] POI by coordinates

Ryszard Mikke Ryszard at Korwin-Mikke.pl
Thu Oct 16 16:56:58 BST 2008

2008/10/16 Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>:
> Gustav Foseid wrote:
>
>> One should certainly not add information to OSM that is copyrighted,
>> protected by database rights or otherwise protected. There is a difference
>> between being careful and paranoid, however.
>
> Yes. We're paranoid. Always have been, it's one of the things that
> defines OSM. Read the archives.

Hmm... It is my understanding, that if I find something I didn't know
(like, say, cycletrack or POI) in Google and add it ro OSM, it would be
copying. On the other hand, if I add the same data to:
WikiMapia
Some my project using GoogleMaps
OSM
then it is hard to call that copying. Even if adding to OSM requires
copying coordinates
from WikiMapia - it is still MY knowledge I have added to all three maps.

Anyway, is these license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
free enough to use the data in OSM?

Ryszard Mikke

--

-- ==> Gardzi miodem - szalony!                         <== --
-- ==>                                  -- Kubus Puchatek  <== --
R.Mikke at pl.vwfsag.de        Ryszard.Mikke at gmail.com