[OSM-talk] Old data being cached too long

Matias D'Ambrosio angasule at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 04:00:23 BST 2008

 I thought there were some errors with OSM but today visiting a friend we used
OSM and mapnik was looking just fine, no tiles were old, while at home I get
a patchwork of new and old, and I have to hit reload a bunch of times to get
the right one. It's not my cache, btw, I did check for that :-) (Besides, I
use multiple browsers and they all looked exactly the same.)
 There is the small chance that OSM is doing something wrong that might cause
this, but in all likelihood it's my ISP doing business as usual. I know they
use a transparent proxy, which is quite opaque as this case shows, but not
being a proxy-knowledgeable person, I don't know exactly what they broke in
theirs. I see some tiles that are at least two render-cycles old (more than a
week and a half), and reloading each tile manually is quite annoying, plus
it's one, if not *the*, largest ISP in Argentina. Could anyone tell me the
right keywords? What bits to flip? Tomorrow is saturday and I'll be doing
some work with plenty of dead time for me to call their toll-free number and
see if I can get someone who can talk beyond the scripted responses (I talked
with one such person a few years ago), who knows, they might fix it if I
provide them with the right info.