[OSM-talk] GPS routing using OpenStreetMap data?

Barnett, Phillip PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
Tue Oct 21 12:42:29 BST 2008

http://emexes.powweb.com/osm/ +1 from me. Works perfectly in my Garmin Legend CX, and calculates routes in sane timescales  - circa 10-15 secs or so.

PHILLIP BARNETT
SERVER MANAGER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD
LONDON
WC1X 8XZ
UNITED KINGDOM
T +44 (0)20 7430 4474
E PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
http://WWW.ITN.CO.UK
P  Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?
-----Original Message-----

From: talk-bounces at openstreetmap.org [mailto:talk-bounces at openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of maning sambale
Sent: 21 October 2008 08:25
To: Mark Williams
Cc: talk at openstreetmap.org; ivan at sanchezortega.es
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] GPS routing using OpenStreetMap data?

> Do you actually have that working? I use mkgmap-r659 & a Garmin Vista
> (HCx) and I see no routing - it insists on using the base map. I did see
> a mention of this some time back, but assumed it was 'coming' - it
> certainly hasn't made it to my setup!

I use Garmin img from http://emexes.powweb.com/osm/

routing is supported.

| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |
| '-._"7' |"Freedom is still the most radical idea of all" -N.Branden|
|  /'.-c  |Linux registered user #402901, http://counter.li.org/     |
|  |  /T  |http://esambale.wikispaces.com|