[OSM-talk] barrier=gate, run a script?

vegard vegard at engen.priv.no
Tue Oct 21 21:18:06 BST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:11:14PM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> vegard wrote:
> >I agree. this democracy and meritocracy thing is good for something, but
> >for the map to be really useful as a *world* map and not separated
> >islands,
>
> Is it really so important for the map to look the same in Chile and in
> China?

Well. You have to remember that rendering is not all, and if you
*actually* want to render all of the world, then you'll want to support
the tags used. It's just a bit silly to encourage keeping of
highway=gate when we've just voted on barrier=gate.

Ok, we should and can not forbid it. But we can call it deprecated, and
encourage the switch.

IMNSO,
--
- Vegard Engen, member of the first RFC1149 implementation team.