[OSM-talk] barrier=gate, run a script?

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Wed Oct 22 16:09:20 BST 2008

"Robert (Jamie) Munro" <rjmunro at arjam.net> writes:

> I for one don't vote very much, but do care about due process and the
> results. I will follow the tagging advice that has been voted for,
> because I know that several people have thought about the issues and
> more of them thought one option was better than the other.

I agree with you here.  I care for the results, but the process is too
bothersome for me to participate.  I don't like having discussions on
a number of web pages.

I'd much rather have the discussion here on the list (or on a
dedicated list).  Reasonable mail clients and the list archive are
good at keeping list threads together.  This makes it very easy to
follow a number of discussions without having to jump across many web
pages.  The thread in the archive can be linked to from the proposal
and later the tag page for everybody to find.

If a consensus has been reached Map Features can be updated.  I don't
think there is a need for a formal voting process (especially if it is
so easy to rig).

Matthias