[OSM-talk] Introducing CloudMade mapping ambassadors

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Oct 22 16:29:06 BST 2008

Hi

CloudMade feels that helping the US community grow would be a good
thing and to that end we've been hiring, for want of a better term,
mapping ambassadors. These full-time employees will be doing things
like running mapping parties, speaking at events, doing webinars and
anything else we, they or you come up with to help get the US
community as strong as the European one.

So far we've found three great people. Richard Weait (richard at cloudmade.com
) is kicking things off in the North East of the US. Sarah Manley (sarah at cloudmade.com
) is working on the Bay Area (the 50 miles or so around San
Francisco)  and Brandon Aguirre (brandon at cloudmade.com) is focusing on
the West of the US - Washington down to California essentially.

We'll be looking at helping groups like linux user groups and cyclists
run mapping parties, answering questions and generally trying to take
all the lessons learned in the EU and apply them in the US. We're very
open to ideas and think that some things work differently both between
EU nations and the US - for example there seem to be more cars and
driving in the US. The mapping ambassadors are focused on helping
people find and use openstreetmap and they will be travelling a fair
amount running these events. Feel free to mail them about anything
OSM, like maybe if you want help running a mapping party or want to
borrow some GPS units.

We're also looking to hire more ambassadors too, so get in touch if
you're interested.

Best

Steve