[OSM-talk] mapnik and openlayers?

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Thu Oct 23 23:37:50 BST 2008

On 23 Oct 2008, at 17:16, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Shaun McDonald
> <shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On 23 Oct 2008, at 16:12, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
>>

>>> Is there an example where I could overwrite the url variable in the
>>> OpenStreetMap.js outside of that file? . (Because the way its
>>> delivered that file is more of a library file so I would like to
>>> keep
>>> any changes to it outside of that file if possible? Is it possible
>>> overwrite url with mine url outside of openstreetmap.js.
>>>

>> No one here has used that library, so it's kinda difficult to say.
>> Try
>> speaking to the people who actually wrote the library.
>
> So you are saying that Openstreetmap.js came from openlayers people
> and not the openstreetmap people or ??

That is an OpenStreetMap specific file, to make it easy to use and
keep the osm tile urls up to date, without everyone having to do it
themselves. If you want to use some different tile you will need to do
a little extra work, or use an alternative source. One example that
someone else mentioned was the information freeway.

I might have been getting confused with your mentioning of the python
libraries earlier in the thread.

Shaun