[OSM-talk] amusing: caught mapping!

Andrew Harris andrew at woowoowoo.com
Fri Oct 24 08:07:28 BST 2008

I'd been out with my GPS and my bicycle and was back at home mapping
the new housing development that I'd surveyed, converting my trails
and paper based notes to points and paths. It was a Tuesday night,
Australian time. I don't know why, but the mouse was sluggish,
potlatch as slow as molasses, so I left it and came back later.

I don't know if the performance hit was related, but when the new
weekly render of Mapnik became available, there were odd, partial
ways, wrongly connected in the area I was mapping. Evidently, the
'export' or whatever it is, had happened while I was working. If you
load the data layer or osmarender, you'll see the completed area.

Made me laugh, anyway!
http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=-37.78563&lon=144.89861&zoom=16

--
Andrew Harris