[OSM-talk] timestamps on tracks - why?

Ryszard Mikke ryszard.mikke at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 18:16:44 BST 2008

Maybe it's a newbie question, but I don't understand one thing (*)

Why there is a need to have timestamps on tracks uploaded to OSM?
It's really a pain in the ass when your GPS device exports tracks
without timestamp and I really don't see the reason to require them.

rmikke

(*) For sure I don't understand more things, but this one is most
annoying at the moment ;-)

--

-- ==> Gardzi miodem - szalony!                         <== --
-- ==>                                  -- Kubus Puchatek  <== --
R.Mikke at pl.vwfsag.de        Ryszard.Mikke at gmail.com