[OSM-talk] Xybot

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Fri Oct 24 19:28:45 BST 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 04:36:30PM +0100, Dave Stubbs wrote:
> They certainly lend themselves to it. That's not to say it's a good idea.
> The vast majority of these things could be done instead with a much
> less intrusive auto bug-notification-system. ie:  a big list somewhere
> telling you of all the higways; then someone can actually go and check
> to see whether there is another highway there, or if things aren't
> connected properly, or whether someone has attached a "note=this
> really is a way for Higs and not a misspelled highway" tag.

I am in favour of feeding these kinds of bugs into OpenStreetBugs -
Possibly showing the bug as a different color knob. Having a central
repository for all kinds of inconsistencys/bugs makes a lot of sense.

I would propose to base the opening of bugs on the changes files which
will lead to false positives showing up - but after closing on
openstreetbugs to not show up again.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little