[OSM-talk] SEO

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Fri Oct 24 21:37:03 BST 2008

All

CloudMade have some people experienced in Search Engine Optimisation
and we'd like to offer their time to look at making OSM push higher up
search results. Basically we think it would be nice that if you search
for 'free maps' and things like that then OSM comes up to the top.

What do you think?

If positive I'd suggest that we build a list of terms we want to push
the ranking up for, throw these at someone with SEO knowledge, review
the changes they suggest and then see who would like to implement
them. I imagine it will be a few things like making the <meta> tags
better, maybe streamlining the text on OSM and such.

Best

Steve