[OSM-talk] SEO

Hugh Barnes list.osm at hughbris.com
Sat Oct 25 14:47:53 BST 2008

On Saturday 25 October 2008, 23:35:47, David Earl did write:
> On 25/10/2008 12:10, OJ W wrote:
> > Static webpages for each town -- search engines are always happy to
> > see those. There used to be a website http://almien.co.uk/City/ which
> > generated those sort of pages
>
> I haven't got to it yet, but some of you may remember I've intended for
> a while to create a listing style gazetteer from the namefinder index so
> that, as well as being a potentially useful resource in its own right,
> more importantly there will be thousands of OSM pages which will show up
> in search engines when someone searches for a street or a place. I will
> up my priority on this: I have a design and it shouldn't be too hard to do.

I suspect that until some incoming links start to build up to said static
resources, that it will look very much like an internal link farm to a search
engine.

But IANASEO, just a humble librarian mapper and search engine spectator. I'm
merely speculating.

Cheers