[OSM-talk] Contraflow bus lane

Tristan Scott trs998 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 14:36:25 GMT 2008

In my experience (Norwich, UK) a so-called "bus lane" is often a Bus,
taxi and cycle lane. The overlords of roads in norwich often nobble
cars by shutting down a small portion of a short-cut ("rat run") by
making a bottleneck area bus lane. Therefore taxis carry on using the
shortcut, and cars must go join the queue on the main road through.

the point is that it's not often (at least in the uk) that a bus lane
does not also mean taxis.

Not sure if cyclists are allowed in bus lanes but in my experience
cyclists, by virtue of not having numberplates, are immune to all
traffic laws, and simply ignore any and all restrictions anyway.

Tristan