[OSM-talk] Unable to delete way in Potlatch

Barnett, Phillip PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
Mon Oct 27 09:57:50 GMT 2008

Yes, it looks a little 'out' to me also, but it's not my area, I just happened to notice a double label in that area and looked more closely.  Maybe the roads were traced from the 'out of copyright map' layer, or from GPS traces, but the river from the Yahoo images? I've certainly noticed that the registration of the image layers is not quite accurate, and seems to vary depending on geographical location. I believe there's been discussion about this in the past, possibly on the wiki also.
I always do roads from my own GPS traces, and I always throw away traces that don't have an accuracy below 15 ft (about the width of a road. Obviously rivers and other areas need Yahoo imagery. When looking at Yahoo images I can see the entire Yahoo image shifted a little bit - I try to offset the rivers etc by hand according to the offset I can see with respect to the roads.

Cheers

PHILLIP BARNETT
SERVER MANAGER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD
LONDON
WC1X 8XZ
UNITED KINGDOM
T +44 (0)20 7430 4474
E PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
http://WWW.ITN.CO.UK
P  Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?