[OSM-talk] Update OSM with complete road data

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 08:34:00 GMT 2008

Guys - I reccomended that Andre ping the list.  He's been doing all
this mapping in Namibia, a lot of it converted from other (license
compatible) data he's been collecting.  Because of poor network speeds
and bandwidth restrictions its impossible for him to now upload the
data he has to OSM central.

If some of us can help him out we can get a great map of Namibia to work with.

Volunteers?

Cheers,

On 10/29/08, Andre Schoonbee <andresch at iway.na> wrote:

> Hi List
>

> I have for the past year collected almost all the roads data (national and
> residential) for Namibia. This data was in shp format. I then used osm2shp
> to convert this to OSM format. But this file now is 240MB (Zipped 34MB). Due
> to bandwidth constrain there is no way I could upload the OSM file (240MB).
> Is there a way or someone that could help to load the file if I sent the
> zipped file? It will mean that most of the roads that is currently in OSM
> for Namibia could be deleted and replaced with this new data set. The data
> is very complete and accurate.
>

> Andre

> database 3563 (20081028) __________

> http://www.eset.com