[OSM-talk] Recent changes to slippymap Mapnik rendering

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Oct 29 18:04:49 GMT 2008

Brian Quinion wrote:
>>> -The road refs aren't centred properly in their boxes. This looks really poor. Also, they aren't as clear as the used to be.
>> Actually a technical issue, so this time not a judgement call :-) This
>> is the only thing which isn't really an opinion!
>
> I'm currently trying to add options to mapnik to allow this to be
> resolved, see also: https://trac.mapnik.org/ticket/104
> ETA for a patch is this weekend but then it will have to be accepted,
> tested, rolled out, etc...

That ticket has nothing to do with the problem we're discussing here ;-)

The ticket is about how a shield is positioned relative to a POI, but
we're talking about the positioning of text relative to the shield
symbol that surrounds it.

We don't use shields for POIs anyway, only for linear objects like
roads, so the issue in the ticket won't affect us at all as far as I can
see.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)