[OSM-talk] I've added some amenity values to "MapFeatures" based on tag usage

Daniel Taylor daniel.taylor at danielt.com
Fri Oct 31 17:14:56 GMT 2008

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio wrote:
> Very interesting. Thank you, Richard. "Doctor's" sounds a bit common to me. "Surgery" is far better...
>
> Cheers,
> Lucas

Wait but is that a 'surgery' in a hospital?, a doctors 'surgery'? or a
veterinary 'surgery'?

doctors-surgery*, would probably be better if your going down that
route. 'doctors' is not common (since when did OSM care about class?),
but its not right either IMO. not descriptive enough.

*also add veterinary-surgery, I work in these places so I can make a list.

ps. maybe 'practice' would be better (doctors-practice,
veterinary-practice)? if so then its probably worth adding dental
practice, and all the other medical practices (chiropractic, chiropodist
etc). I see hundreds of these places on my rounds (and work in some of
them too), so I have tons to list. Have a stack of vets in google earth KML.

- Daniel