[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - waterways/ditch

Tristan Scott trs998 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 15:37:08 BST 2008

This is a request for comments (my first, so let me know if i've done
it wrong!) on my waterway/ditch.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Ditch

mainly as there's a large area of marshes around where I live, and the
canal waterway tag is completely inappropriate for the still overgrown
drainage ditches (too wide to jump, too overgrown and narrow to
navigate, and not even remotely canal-like)
I can get organised with a picture of the ditch if that's necessary.
Note that ditchs are occasionally "slubbed" out, but every ditch i
know of is more than 50 years old - so it's not as if they're
seasonal.

oh, and they're on Ordnance Survey maps as thin blue lines, if that's relevant.

--
Tristan Scott BSc(Hons)
Yare Valley Technical Services