[OSM-talk] mailing list behavior

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-gis-osm-talk at silbe.org
Tue Sep 2 10:02:18 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 09:23:13AM +0200, vegard wrote:

> And for the only semi-technical argument that you break something that
> can't be repaired: I have *never* ever placed a reply-to to something
> other than my from-adress, and expected it to work, without *also*
> stating explicitly at the end of the mail.
I always do for mailing lists. The subscription address will filter out
everything not coming from the list (because I did get way too much SPAM
to my subscription addresses). For personal replies, I have a special
address that gets rotated every 3 months so the SPAM level is bearable.
That's the address in the Reply-To header and there's absolutely no need
to add it to every mail body - it's already there in the headers and
it's exactly what the header is designed for.
So just because _you_ don't use it, it doesn't mean _everybody_ doesn't.
OK, I'll shut up now. :)

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/