[OSM-talk] Opencyclemap commended in BCS Awards

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Fri Sep 5 11:14:18 BST 2008

Opencyclemap has received a Commended Award in the British Cartographic Society annual awards. It was in the Avenza-sponsored Electronic Mapping category. Last night I was a guest of the BCS at their annual gala dinner and accepted the award on behalf of Andy Allan, who was not able to be there. Andy and I had put the application together, carefully ensuring we met the criteria of the awards, and providing full details of the gestation and generation of the project. We were in a category against some heavyweight commercial entries, as you may see when the full results are available. This is fantastic recognition from peer cartographers of the excellence of this particular use of OSM data. So, congratulations to Andy, and all others who have had input to this particular development. A photo of the presentation and the actual citation will be put up on the blog as soon as it is available and full details of the awards and the winners will be linked from there too.

Cheers
STEVE