[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap routing service

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 6 17:20:34 BST 2008

Lambertus schrieb:
> I hope this effort in collecting readily available software will be useful
> in validating/improving the data, inspire further software developement and
> attract new contributors. Please give it a try and tell me what you think:
>
> http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/~lambertus/routing-world

Hi!

I would say: WELL DONE!

Some nitpicking (using FF3 on WinXP)

One thing annoyed me while playing around: disabling the edit text
fields while waiting for namefinder and routing results is confusing -
more than once I wasn't sure what's going on!

The following things would be nice to have:

- the .gpx export returns a file with 0 byte (having a route on the screen)
- I just wasn't expecting the "Edit map" button at that location, maybe
putting it under the export box?
- I just wasn't expecting the Status messages at that location, maybe
putting it below the map?
- a VIA option would be nice

Again, good work!

Regards, ULFL