[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap routing service

osm at na1400.info osm at na1400.info
Sat Sep 6 18:23:05 BST 2008

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 18:31:38 +0200, "leblatt" <> wrote:
> Only critic I see, is that more emphasis could be but on choosing larger
> ways when several are available. Like, choose a secondary instead of an
> unclassified if it makes the trip just a bit longer, but much easier and
> safer.
I've noticed it too during some tests. I guess that needs either some maxspeed tags on the ways or some tweaking on the average speed settings for Gosmore or both. Eventually some routes may seem obvious for the human eye but are unlogical for routeplanners (speed and length wise). Perhaps extra parameters are needed such as penalties for leaving a highway for a lower classified way, but I'll leave that to the experts.