[OSM-talk] amenity=fuel and fuel types

wiseLYNX wiselynx.naima at fastwebnet.it
Tue Sep 9 17:29:20 BST 2008

As owner of a LPG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquefied_petroleum_gas)
powered car, I just found out that in OSM there's no way of telling
which kind of fuels will be sold at a gas station.

If there's already something, I suggest to advertise it in the
amenity=fuel page on OSM wiki.

If not, it would be really great to have the possibility to add this
kind of information, as LPG distributing stations are not common except
on motorways (at least here in Italy). I think of asking my (future) OSM
powered navigator "where's the nearest LPG station?". I also noticed my
commercial TomTom doesn't hold this kind of information.

Same thing applies also to natural gas or methane stations (that here
are even rarer).

Any suggestion?

Enrico Manzini